For many, the new year is an opportunity to start fresh and make the new year a year of self-development and success. But along the way, people tend to lose sight of what they are working towards and the idea to give up becomes tempting. But don’t let it stop you!
Related Article: 5 Steps to Becoming Your Best Self in 2016
To help you keep your focus throughout 2018 I have collected 18 phrases that I live by, which will hopefully keep you motivated:
18 Success Quotes to Motivate You Through 2018:
- A great leader knows how to draw the best out of people, how to inspire them to do their best work.
- As you move towards your goals, there are going to be challenged. That’s a given. And, chances are, you won’t successfully face all of them. There will be missteps and miscalculations, oversights and underestimations, but it’s important to remember that these don’t disqualify you from pursuing your goals. Just because you are wrong sometimes doesn’t mean you can’t be successful.
- Climb down from the plateau so you can climb up the mountain.
- Humility is learning to accept the instances where you have been wrong, understand your mistakes and learn from them.
- I believe everyone has something on Earth that they were born to do.
- Create a legacy. Do something that adds value to people’s lives.
- Money is a silent applause for adding immense value to people’s lives.
- Don’t be afraid to say what you mean and ask for what you want.
- Success has a rhythm, and contrary to what you might think, it isn’t work, work, work.
- The road to success is not an easy one, fraught with unexpected challenges and disappointments. In the midst of hardship, you may lose sight of the goal and feel overwhelmed. During those times, it may be tempting to give up, but remembering that success is never easily won can transform these difficulties along the way.
- You are not “arrogant”, you are confident and brave. You are not “bossy”, you are a leader. You are not “shy”, you are thoughtful. You are not “judgemental”, you are discerning. You are not “nervous”, you are careful. You are not “stubborn”, you are persistent.
- Asking for help is not a sign of weakness, it is a sign of strength. The strength of finally realising that you need to get back on your feet and finding the courage to ask those around you to help you on your journey. Take care of yourself and don’t keep your struggle silent.
- Surround yourself with good people. Surround yourself with people who are positive and empowering. Who will motivate you every step of the way and won’t leave you in moments of struggle.
- It’s helpful to think of your journey towards success as a long race. You want to adopt the mentality of the marathon runner, not the sprinter. You have to learn to pace yourself, or you’ll get worn out and have to stop.
- Your thoughts create your reality. Leave negative thoughts behind, focus on your goals and why you CAN make it happen.
- Live with impact, belief in the bigger you.
- There are a million different opportunities you can take and whatever one you choose, take it and make it work! You’ve got to want it. Someone else wanting it for you is not good enough. If you don’t want it, it’s not going to happen. If you just sit there waiting for it, it’s not going to happen.
- If you want to be successful hang around with people who always show you the green light. Even if you are talking about something that is so out there, so unimaginable, they still say go.
So now, go! Go make the best of 2018 and make it your year. Your year of success, happiness and self-development. Set yourself a series of goals and do not stop until you achieve every single one of them. Stop making excuses and make it happen, because if you want it enough, believe me, it will happen.